Well it's 1.15am and I'm still in my craft room.
Last night when my son came in from the gym, he said he could smell gas at the bottom of the drive. We rang British Gas and they sent someone out who bored holes in my garden and up the drive. He said that the leak was at the bottom of the drive and someone would come out early in the week.
This morning when my hubby took the dog for a walk, he could smell gas further up the street, next door but one to be exact, so we rang British Gas again. Someone else came out and he said the leak was across the road and someone would be out within the hour to investigate further. So at 3.30pm this afternoon, two men in a van came and started digging on the pavement across the road. It is now 1.25am and they are still at it. I bet the neighbours just love us!! There's a generator making a noise and they are drilling, so I can't see the point in going to bed as we sleep in the front room.
So I thought I would share with you a DT card I made using 'A Touch of Elegance' from Cupcakecrafting. This was an idea I had, but as usual, when I made my idea into a card, it wasn't as good as I expected, but I'm going to show it anyway. I have seen them done in a sort of square before but felt that this image lent itself to an octagon shape.
I used an 8x8 card blank as my base card. I printed off a backing paper onto another piece of A4 card and printed a coordinating paper on the reverse. I drew round the largest topper to make a template and then drew around this onto my card. I found the centre point and then cut diagonally from opposite corners through the centre point (if that makes sense) and then curled each section back - 8 in total. In order to hold these pieces down, I used coordinating brads as I felt they may spring off if I used 3d foam pads as I have seen used before.
The topper was a pyrimage, so I layered this up and then positioned it on my card and within the aperture on the backing paper after placing a coordinating mat on the base card. I fixed the topper to the copper coloured card mat and then fixed the backing paper with aperture over this. In the bottom right hand corner, I fixed some flowers which are also on the cd and placed a gem in the centre of each to add interest. In the top left hand corner, I put a sentiment which I made on the computer using the sentiment boxes on the Cd and took this into Craft Artist to print it onto a similar backing paper which I had made paler.
To finish the card off, I added an insert in the middle which also came from the Cd and are text editable. This was done in a similar way to the sentiment, by taking it into Craft Artist and printing onto a paler backing paper to make it more interesting than just a plain white insert.
Thank you for popping over. Everything has gone quiet now over the road, so I may just go up to bed and see if I can get some sleep.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Scrappy Frogs - Try something new - (new thing is octagonal aperture) - http://scrappyfrogschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
Totally Gorjuss - No. 168 - Flowers - http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.co.uk
Make it Monday - No. 125 - Anything Goes - http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/
Craft Bloggers Network - Flowers - http://craftybloggersnetwork.blogspot.co.uk/