Thursday 21 March 2013

Happy Birthday Dad

Hi friends and followers,

Here is a card I made for my son to send to his Dad on his birthday. I just haven't got round to posting it on here until now. I made it when my uncle was ill and must have been in a daze at the time. I'm never sure what to do with the side panels on these, sometimes they can look bare if they are just left. I think in this case I might have gone for the 'overkill', the pictures at the side look a bit much. Once they were stuck on though, there wasn't a lot I could do without ruining the card and I didn't have the time or inclination to make another!!



It's a centre stepper card. The base is black card and I layered a piece of pale blue backing paper onto this from the Wellington Pasttimes Cd from Docrafts. I decoupaged the topper and matted this onto black card. I took four small toppers from the embellishment section and matted these onto black card also to add interest to the side sections.

At the bottom of the card, I have a sentiment 'Happy Birthday Dad' which was written digitally using the Cd. This was matted onto a slightly darker blue backing paper and matted onto black card.


I wasn't thinking when I fixed the verse to the card and stuck it on the back. Both Thomas and his Dad didn't mind and both liked the card.

Thank you for taking the time to pop along and for leaving a comment. I read them all and appreciate them.

Thank you and take care.

Wendy xx

3 comments:

Gwyneth said...

I think it's a great card and love how you've done the side steps.

Linda Simpson said...

A great male card Wendy, love the image.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous, I love wellington and the small images on the sides look fab too
Lindsay xx