Wednesday 20 March 2013

Elegant Lady Candle Card

Hi friends and followers,

Today I thought I would share with you a card I made using 'A Touch of Elegance' Cd rom by Cupcakecrafting. It was shown on Create and Craft on the 4 day deal but I haven't posted it yet on my blog.


It is an easel card with a box with scented tealights in it to act as the stopper. I used a backing paper from the Cd and matted this onto black card. This was placed on the base and on the easel part. I also made the box fro the stopper from the same backing paper. I matted the topper onto black card and then layered this onto the backing paper which was itself matted onto black card.


In the top right hand corner I placed a cream feather and placed a large hatpin into this. On the bottom towards the left hand side, I added a string of pearls to add interest.


I chose purple and cream tealights and placed these in the box. I attached a purple flower to one side of the box and two on the other side. These were purchased from Joanna Sheen a while ago and I have forgotten their name - sorry.


Thank you for taking the time to pop over and leave a comment, I appreciate it.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Tuesday Alchemy - Anything Goes (Entry 288) (X)
ABC Challenges - Bring on the flowers (Entry 42) (X)
Bunny Zoe's Monthly Challenge - Girly (Entry 253) (X)
Challenges 4 everybody - Anything Goes (Entry 172) (X)

Take care and happy crafting.

Wendy xx

2 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Wendy, love the easel card with the lovely box of tea lights as the stopper.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Rosie Gustafson said...

Awesome project. Loveit! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenges. I hope to see you again next week. Xx Rosie