Tuesday 26 March 2013

Easter card and basket

Hi friends and followers,

Today I thought I would share with you an Easter card and basket that I made using the Sunshine and Smiles Cd from Kraftyhands.


I like this Cd, I think it has some cute characters on it and they can be found in a number of different colours, all beautiful. The design I chose for my card is a little girl with a daisy face and is standing in half of an egg, that's why I chose it.


(My DT card for the March Kraftyhands challenge was this design but in a different colour). I decoupaged the image and added a bow to the egg to match the bow in her hair. I matted the topper onto a dark green card that I had in my stash and mounted it onto a 6x6 card blank. I used card candy for the corners, but as I did not have the colour I needed for the card, I coloured 4 of them in  CG2 from my Spectrum Noir pens. There are lots of sentiments on the design sheet that you print out, but I took one of these into Craft Artist and changed the wording to 'Happy Easter'.


Inside, I fixed an insert which coordinates with the front of the card.


For the basket, I printed out the same  backing paper that is on the front of the card onto an A4 piece of card. On the reverse, I printed a yellow gingham backing paper which also matches the centre of the topper on the card. To cover the joins on the basket, I cut a circle from the Standard Circles Large Dies in the yellow gingham backing paper, and a smaller one using the same dies in the green hexagonal patchwork paper and then fixed the daisy face in the centre of these.


I used a Martha Stewart punch to decorate the handle (arches, I think) and fixed a ribbon from the Cd to the centre of the handle. This reads - 'Sunshine and Smiles'. I filled the basket with yellow tissue paper and then added some chocolates. My first choice was Cadbury Creme eggs but they didn't match the basket, so I changed them to these Ferrero Rocher chocolates - none of which I can eat because I am allergic to them. I'm sure my husband or son will manage to eat them though!



I would like to enter this project into the following challenges:
Hobbycutz - Easter/Easter Box (2W, S, 54) (TBA Sun 7th April)
Make It Monday - Anything Goes (W, M, ,84) x
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes (2W, S, 346) x
Cutie Pie Challenge - Easter (2W, M, 140) x
Eclectic Ellapu - Whimsy and/or funny (W, S, 11) x

I hope you all have a lovely Easter. Take care and don't eat too much!


Wendy xx

14 comments:

Wenche said...

Lovely easter card and basket.

Thanks for joining us at Hobbycutz Challenge.

Anonymous said...

Hello, A lovely set, pretty colors. Lisa :)

Linda Simpson said...

Absolutely gorgeous Wendy. Love the basket and this CD is filled with such fun images.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

This is brilliant love it. TFS with us Eclectics this week. Hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine aka Ellapu

Unknown said...

This is so adorable ...Im in love with the little basket (and the chocolate lol ) and that image is just adorable xx

Sylvia Anderson said...

This project is brilliant, i love your little basket x

Shirley-Anne said...

A fabulous duo .Love this CD too .Your card and basket are adorably , thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So adorable, love the sweet image and the soft colours
Lindsay xx

Andree said...

These are wonderful Wendy. I love the cute image x

Mishelflos Paper Creations said...

What a beautiful card and basket Wendy, I love the colours you have used.
Michelle x

Kim Bell said...

Beautiful Easter Basket and Card. Love your project. Thanks so much for joining us at HobbyCutz.

Hugz
Kim

Wendy H said...

Thank you for your comments, ladies. Wendy xx

Julia said...



I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are: #4, #207, #213, and #236.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and My Art... Healing The Soul.

Hugs,

Julia

Unknown said...

Thank You for entering our Easter Challenge at Hobbycutz with this lovely set! Good Luck in the draw! Hugs Kobie